Originally opened in 1934, the short course was abandoned during the Second World War when it was given over to the 'Dig for Victory' campaign. It was re-opened in the early 1950's as a six-hole course designed by Dai Rees. It was extended to a 9-hole course under his supervision in 1969.
Today the Rees Course is a 1,489 yards par-28 course and the 9th hole, at 177 yards to a small green set in a hillside, is as much of a challenge as any of those on the Vardon Course.
The Rees Course provides the ideal opportunity for experienced golfers to sharpen up their short game. The course is also the perfect introduction to golf for those just starting to play and will also help them develop their knowledge of the Rules of Golf and their understanding of golf etiquette.
The Rees Course is very popular with family groups providing a relaxed environment for parents when introducing their children to the game of golf.