Mossel Bay Golf Club was founded in 1905 with the original golf course positioned at the old aerodrome. The land on which the present course was built was made available to the Club by the Mossel Bay Municipality in 1924. The course was designed by Bob Grimsdell and was built over a period of two years.
During 1999/2000 the golf course was redesigned by Danie Obermeyer and rebuilt by Philip Basson. This happened as the result of the vision of a developer, Mr. Urs Windholz, who developed The Mossel Bay Golf Estate on the land surrounding the golf course. His vision included the rebuilding of the golf course and revamping of the club house to create a very upmarket, golfing facility. This development elevated the Mossel Bay Golf Club to another level where at the end of its first century in 2005, the membership reached 1046 and more than 45000 rounds of golf were played.
The Mossel Bay Golf Club prides itself as one of the major tourist attractions in our town and in the Garden Route. We welcome you, our guest, to enjoy all our beautiful facilities.