The Course was opened 1894. Chevin Golf Club was established in 1894 as a 9-hole course designed by William Lowe, professional to Buxton & High Peak. The course was formally opened on October 13th 1894 by professionals James Braid and Tom Williamson. The club’s existing course of 18 holes covers both parkland and moorland terrain with magnificent 5 county views from the Chevin Ridge. The histories surrounding the site include, Paleolithic to Bronze and Iron Age people and later Roman Legionnaires.
The course was first conceived at the ‘Court House Farm’ where the old Court (now a private residence) houses a lock-up where prisoners were kept until their demise close to the 13 hole aptly named The Gibbet.