The Anglesea Golf Club was formed on Saturday, January 28th, 1950, at a public meeting held at the Boat Shed on the Anglesea River. Initially, the club acquired 140 acres of virgin land: 90 acres donated by Nicholas O'Donohue, and 50 acres purchased from Mr. P. Harvey. In March 1962, another 82 acres of land on the western and northern boundaries of the course was purchased from Mr O'Donohue.
The early beginnings of the Clubhouse (19th hole) started with an Old Tin Shed, completed by Les Hedley in 1953. Subsequently, different stages of development took place from 1955 to 1991. The 1st Stage (Clubhouse) was officially opened on the 1st of July, 1955.
The 2nd Stage was opened by the President of the Victorian Golf Association, Mr. Alec A. Brahe in December of 1965. The 3rd Stage of extensions and alterations, was completed in September 1974. The developments included the addition of a Professional Shop and buggy room, cool rooms for the bar and kitchen, new offices, a covered walkway, and extensions of the dining room and bar serving area.
The 4th Stage, involving major renovations and extensions, was completed in 1991 and officially opened by the Victorian Minister for Sport and Recreation, Mr Neil Tresize on Saturday, February 16th, 1991. Recently, in December 2003, the Clubhouse was renovated and can now accommodate more than 180 members in the bistro/lounge area.
Today Anglesea offers a challenging 6028 metre, 18 hole course with wintergreen couch fairways, along with 4 practice fairways, 2 putting greens, 2 chipping greens and practice nets.
We offer Golf Club and Cart Hire, tuition with our Club Professionals and Golf Clinics.
The Clubhouse features our Bistro, open 7 days a week for lunch & dinner, function rooms available for all types of Corporate and Social functions not forgetting our fully stocked Pro Shop.