The Golden Golf Club has a long history of committed community involvement that dates all the way back to June of 1935. This is when the golf club was first formed. In 1942 the club opened its first 5-hole golf course south of town near Reflection Lake. The Golden Golf Club was incorporated as a non-profit society in 1962 and continues under this designation in present day. Golfers were forced to travel through Roger's Pass to the Revelstoke Golf Club for official tournament rounds. During the 1970s attempts were made to develop a different golf club, however, this development failed due to a lack of funds.