North Wales Golf Club is a true Championship Links course situated in the sunny seaside town of Llandudno with excellent views over the Conwy estuary to Anglesey and the Snowdonia Mountain range. This venerable old links course was created in 1894 by a Cheshire businessman named Tancred Cummins, assisted by an associate Harold Hilton, who had been Open Champion two years earlier. Mr Cummins would go on to serve the North Wales club as captain and secretary for a total of 38 years, until 1933.
Situated just across the estuary from the wonderful Conwy golf course, North Wales is laid out on Llandudno’s lovely West Shore, offering an interesting variety of holes that run out along the rail line then back along the shore, with small and tricky greens throughout. There is only one par five and three short holes on the inward half, so par for the back nine is only 34. Two of the par threes are played back-to-back at the 16th and 17th holes and Mr Cummins, the club founder, having originally purchased the land for the course from the Church Commissioners.