- Jip de Jager Drive
- ケープタウン, Western Cape, 南アフリカ
The course was originally a 9-hole design by Bob Grimsdell and play officially began during 1958 when it was known as the Welgemoed Golf Club. In 1981 it was upgraded to 18 holes by course architect Bill Kerr. Major changes were later undertaken by Mark Muller and the “new” course came into play early in 1995.
The first clubhouse was in the old Welgemoed farmhouse (which was built in 1956 and has since been restored, and is now the delightful “De Oude Welgemoed” restaurant). In 1969 the clubhouse was relocated to where the Karate club is today and since 1981 has been housed in its present facility. Substantial improvements have been undertaken over the last couple of years to make the course more player-friendly.
Bellville Golf Club
- Bob Grimsdell