Bruntsfield is a fine parkland course, the original lay-out was by Willie Park of Musselburgh (1898). Course modifications were carried out in 1922 by Dr Alistair Mackenzie, the architect of Augusta National and Cypress Point and in 1930 by James Braid. Then in 1971 more major changes were begun under the guidance of Fred Hawtree, the internationally respected architect, resulting in the new lay out, which opened in 1974. In 2019 the new course layout was opened following an extensive redesign by the highly acclaimed golf course architects Mackenzie & Ebert. This £1. 2 million investment has transformed Bruntsfield’s course into a Par 71 of 6,466 yards, producing a layout worthy of the demands of the modern day golfer.
Visiting golfers check-in with our PGA Professionals who can include a tour of the clubhouse showing our historic memorabilia. Golfers can use the Driving Range to warm up, where courtesy balls are available or they may wish to sit comfortably in the lounge and enjoy complimentary tea or coffee whilst enjoying the expansive views across the Firth of Forth.
The Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society is the fourth oldest club in the world.