Tee times not available at this course – book and play nearby golf courses with tee time availability

Our Club was formed in 1929 by a few very brave and forward thinking Gentlemen when they met in the Parish Hall on Thursday 4th April 1929. Elected that faithful night as the first Officers of the Club were Lieutenant Colonal W. M. Butler as President, G. O’Kelly-Lynch as Vice President, J. C. Landy as Captain, E. Lyng as Hon. Secretary and D. O’Dea as Hon. Treasurer. The first committee comprised W. E. Allen, M. G. Doyle, Wm. Fennelly, R. Hughes and Dr. Phelan. The Club progressed well in its first years and continued on through the 30s and 40s playing on rented land over a nine hole course.

The second phase of our history was when the decision was made to purchase the course at a special meeting on 15th September 1950 for €1,400. The conclusion of this advancement of our club happened in the late 1990’s when the Club purchased enough land to finally complete the course and make it an eighteen hole course complete with a modern Clubhouse. Since its founding in the early years of the 20th Century our Club has gone through many difficult times and closed on one occasion, but has always survived and thrived. It is a jewel in the crown of the town of Callan and is an incredible amenity to be cherished and prized by all as a fantastic amenity for the town and the wider surrounding area.
read more

Club Facilities

Club Valet
Caddy / Golf Carts
Practice Facilities
Club / Shoe Rental
Locker Room
Night Golf
Golf Shop
Health Club

Course Details

Established in
Course Type
Grass Type

Kilkenny Golf Weather

Book Tee Times Online